Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Turning point Tuesday


I loved today! Right now, business is slow at the shop so I'm not rejoicing that my 11:30 cancelled BUT the silver lining was that I got to watch all of the inauguration events all the way up until President Obama started his speech~then I listened to as much of that as I could while I was driving into work. So, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Obamas leave Blair House this morning to go to church. I loved the dress Michelle was wearing. She is every bit the classic beauty that Jackie Kennedy was and is very reminiscent of Jackie's simple, elegant style. The magnitude of the crowds was mind boggling. I have never seen such as sight! Excitement and electricity flowed in every area where people gathered. The cheers rose up from the crowds and I know that must have been a touching and heartening sight for Barack Obama as he rode along in the motorcade. The emotions were running high, too. I saw people crying. Personally, I went through a few Kleenex myself! I have a good feeling about our new president. Everyone seems to be feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. This is not only history in the making but a real shift towards unity and action I feel. It was heartwarming to see how kind and welcoming President and Mrs. Bush were and Barack's acknowledgement of George Bush in his inaugural speech was a nice touch. Then watching the Obama girls was delightful. They are such adorable girls. It will be fun watching them navigate the White House in the coming years. Everything was so beautiful and perfect. Barack and Michelle Obama make a dazzling first couple. I had the same sense of fascination watching them that I get when I watch the pageantry of the Royal Family. In a sense, they are the American equivalent. There is something really captivating about the pomp and circumstance, the ceremony, the traditions, the history, the legacy. Makes a person proud to be an American! While I was working out, CNN was showing the various galas that the Obamas were attending. Again, I loved the first lady's gown. Gorgeous. It was sweet seeing the first couple dancing together. This is a day we'll not forget any time soon!




2 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

I wish I could have watched the whole thing. It was exciting. And I loved Micheles dresses, especially the white gown for evening.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

OMG~their first dance that night was so romantic! She did look luscious and he was so handsome and dashing. Reminded me of Cinderella and Prince Charming, hehe!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed