Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Pound of Cure: K. I. S. S.

We all know what that acronymn stands for. Usually. But at weight loss church last night we found out another application. We say: Keep It Simple and Sustainable! I can appreciate that...I'm having a really hard time right now on my journey. This is the 10-pound span of weight that I struggle with EVERY time~my body just fights to keep me here. I'll go up, then go down. Usually what ends up happening is that I eventually get discouraged, quit, and go back to my old lifestyle and eating habits. Well, not this time! If I'm still stuck next week, I'm going to ask for help in my meeting. I'm pretty sure that someone else out there has done battle with what I'm calling a "set point". Meantime, I'm continuing to follow the eating plan, drink my water, take my vitamin, and exercise daily. Incase you can't tell, I went up this week. By 1.6 pounds. However, last time that happened I just hung in there and was down 5.2 pounds the next week. So, I'm going to ignore the numbers for now and shift my focus from a particular goal to just really focusing in on following the plan to the letter. I'm going to tighten up on my tracking and journaling this week. Even though I feel as if the weight gain this week was water, I'm going to try to be very careful and consciencious this week just to be sure I'm doing everything I can on my end to be successful. In the meeting we discussed exactly that: the seven steps for success.

  1. Look up the points values of foods before you eat them.
  2. Choose filling foods first.
  3. Follow the GOOD HEALTH GUIDELINES. If you're curious....you should join!!
  4. Use your weekly points allowance.
  5. Keep track of everything you eat or drink!
  6. Pay attention to portion sizes.
  7. Take note of your body's hunger signals.

See why I love Weight Watchers so much? There's always something great to be had by going there! Onward...

2 comments:

The Hambergulars said...

You can do it, Lana! I'm not even sure what your goal weight is, why you're losing weight, etc., but after meeting you just once, I can tell you're a person with a lot of heart and passion - I'm sure you can meet your goals! And by the way, your idea of getting together for a "bloggers meetings" to share ideas is great! I'm there - just tell me when and where.....

Rachel Nykerk said...

You can do it Lana, just hang in there. It is probably wt gain due to muscle building !

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed