Monday, January 19, 2009

Manday Monday


Mondays are always a little off in my book. You get your schedule sideways because you don't have to follow the usual pattern of the workweek. I have heard that it's better for you if you still go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time but I hardly know anyone who actually does that. I know I don't...which is why, come Monday, I'm extra tired and prone to be somewhat out of sorts. Then add in the fact that I'm way overscheduled. I work from 9-3 or sometimes 4:15pm. Then, every other week I either have a staff meeting or a training to go to from 4-5pm. Then I try to hit the gym and go to Weight Watchers and/or fit in the rest of my workout and dinner before I go to life group at 7pm. I make it back home about 8:30ish or 9pm. I'm really dragging tail by then! Today was no exception~except...with the exception of more men clients today than women. That is unusual. Normally I have about 30% men clients to 70% women. Today, 3 out of my 5 clients were guys. Don't get me wrong, I like and value my guy clients but it just isn't normal for my day to stack up this way. Not complaining, just observing. I have to say, without breaking confidentiality, that all three of the guys today brought something special to my day today. I had a great conversation with one of the guys about The Shack and the way God works though our life circumstances-especially the unpleasant ones-to make us better people in the long-run if we allow God to do His work. Guy #2 is in a non-traditional profession for a guy and I was so impressed with his kind, compassionate, respectful demeanor. I think that sometimes we all get caught up in sterotypes and forget that both men and women can be caretakers and be nurturers. This was a good lesson for me today. My last guy client of the day was sent by his wife and daughter-both clients of mine. He was just a happy-go-lucky, super nice man. Maybe God wanted to send me a visual reminder to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, regardless of gender or any other qualifying attributes. Perhaps it is part of my healing process to realize that there are good guys in the world. They do exist. All around me. Whether I'm aware of it or not. Not all men are selfish and untrustworthy. We, as women, are not designed to be at odds with the men folk in our world. We're supposed to be complimentary. The yin and yang. Good lesson for a Monday, don't you think?

2 comments:

Rascal said...

Good lesson for Monday. . .what does the rest of the week hold? Only good! Can you underschedule some place, your too busy.Is everyday that full? I know you like to stay busy and you are running as fast as you can . . .but when do you get time to catch your breathe? Or is that only when you are sleeping! Stay well and have a good week!Jodee

Lana Mae Kamer said...

It's a bit over the top, alright! But, someday I will be able to just have one job and FREE TIME!!!!
Until then, I just keep moving forward~
Hugs, Chicka!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed