Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thick-of-it Thursday

Thursdays are another intense and long day! By this time of the week , I'm in the thick-of-it and I'm just plain thickofit! I am always juggling my time in between massages to get the rest of my reading done in time for class. Right now, with only this semester left, the workload has gotten more ambitious. Probably in an effort to flush out the ones who aren't really serious about it...We're doing a lot of roleplays where we are the pretend therapist working with a pretend client. Then all your classmates get to critique how well you did. This is a big favorite with the entire class-hehe! But, hey, "Do you wanna be a shrink or not???" So on we plod.
Now for the Thursday schedule rundown. This week we had Jayden over night on Wednesday night. I had been up all night working at the shelter the night before having my usual 12 hour work day. Tyler and I get up early to take Jayden out to the Windmill Restaurant in downtown Holland before school whenever we have him overnight during the week. Jayden loves that! He likes looking around downtown early in the morning and seeing all the stuff in the store windows. The same group of local old fogeys is always there and they are beginning to recognize Jayden when we come in. You can tell they get a kick out of him. He does put on quite a show some mornings! Jayden loves to get chocolate milk and he is crazy about their homemade bread with jam or jelly. He usually skips the eggs but does like hashbrowns and is really into sausage, ham, and bacon. When we get done eating, we head to school. He likes to show us where his backpack and coat go and who his friends are. Then it's goodbye and I hurry home to get ready for work. I work until 3pm and then change into my school clothes and go to Grand Rapids for class. I'm in school from 6-10 pm. Lately the weather has been a nightmare and last week I was really scared driving home in a near whiteout. It's usually at least 10:30 pm before I see home again.That is, if the force is with me. I am always extra tired on Friday because of this grueling routine. I keep reminding myself that I will only have to do this for another year at the most! Wow, what will I do then with all my spare time??? A normal workweek would seem like vacation! What does all this mean? Hmmm:

2 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

I get wiped out by fri. also and I don't have near the grueling schedule you do ! By the way, I am not 50 quite yet but I am one of the old fogeys who do go to Windmill restaurant , one of my favs.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Rach! You are neither OLD nor a FOGEY! But, you're right about the Windmill. It rocks for good eats!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed