Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Path I Walk: A Lazy Jay Day


We are covered once again under a blanket of white. I woke today, not feeling my best, sore throat, congestion, feeling bone tired. I decided that my more immediate need was to sleep so that my immune system could support me during the course of my always busy week. I slept in, did some cleaning and chores, then settled in to finish The Shack. That would be my spiritual muse today. VPM is starting a new church wide study on the core beliefs of the church. Life Group meets tomorrow night. I know Diane always gets a CD for whoever didn't make it to church. So, I just accept that today I will stay home and see what God wants to tell me through reading this book...I will share this later on in the week when I finish the last of the book. I am pondering a lot of deep things here. In the afternoon, Jayden showed up and of course I rallied enough to do some fun stuff with him. Tyler and I took Jay to the Children's Museum once again. That's the one place we can go and always count on having a great time playing for several hours. We capped off the day by having a very nice dinner at Logan's. Jayden gets the biggest kick out of throwing the peanut shells on the floor! When we got home, we played a rousing round of Cootie~which Tyler won~and then playdoh, the all-time favorite! Bathtime and then the popcorn ritual before bed. Not exactly a formal church experience but I felt very blessed by the rest I was able to get, the fellowship and time spent with my family, and being able to allow the Holy Spirit to speak to me today through the lessons presented in The Shack. There are many different ways to worship, to commune and connect with God, which doesn't always have to take place within the walls of the church. Sometimes God's magnificence can be seen and experienced through the wide-eyed wonder of a child! The simplicity of love and expression and trust and innocence. Time spent enjoying the delights of a quiet, lazy day. Amen.

2 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

I just got the book " The Shack " from my sister , I am looking forward to reading it.

Rachel Nykerk said...

I just got the book " The Shack " from my sister , I am looking forward to reading it.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed