Monday, July 7, 2008

Prognostication

Sounds like something that should be illegal in New Jersey! Not to claim that I'm psychic BUT I have been right on the money lately in predicting these thunderstorms that have been ripping through here!
Punxsutawney Phil has nothing on me!
Today we were only supposed to have a 40% chance of a thunderstorm. I could feel it coming. I'm not talking about some lame-o deal such as my old trick knee starts aching...I'm talking about a real scientific hypothesis. See, I've noticed two independent variables that seem to be having a positive correlation every time a thunderstorm materializes. The first variable seems to be that every time I have to make a road trip it happens-today I had to go cross-town to my second workplace, to Grand Rapids which is about 25 miles away, and to Kalamazoo which is 65 miles away. When I am just staying at home, somehow these storms never come. But just let me get in my car to go somewhere and BINGO-torrential downpour! The second independent variable seems to that whenever Trevor owes me yard work, and he makes a commitment to actually get it done, again-raining like no other!! I've noticed that if only one of these conditions exist, the chances of it happening seem to increase by about 50%. If both of these things occur on the same day( as was the case today) the chances increase exponentially. I'm talking Noah's Ark here. Duck lake in the backyard! My poor flowers are once again floating in their planters. I know, it could be worse-and I know many people have it worse and for that I am truly sorry. This is, however, annoying as hell to me!! I shall persevere in the substantiation of my hypothesis-do I have a choice? ...and further verify my findings at a future date! Trevor-your luck's gonna run out sooner or later, bud!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed