Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Goodnight, Lucy, dear

Click here to view the poem, Rainbow Bridge:



March, 1992-July 2008
 
Around 2:30 Wednesday morning, Tyler knocked at my bedroom door and explained that he had been downstairs playing video games when Lucy came over to him, dragging her back legs. It appeared that she had had a stroke. So I made her as comfortable as I could until the vet's office opened. Dr. Wilson compassionately advised us that Lucy did not have any hope of recovery. We decided that she was too wonderful a cat to let suffer.That was a horrible decision to be forced to make but we let her go in peace and dignity, surrounded by loving arms.
For 16 years Lucy gave our family unconditional love and companionship.She saw us through many family transitions and many high and low places in our lives. We will always honor what she contributed to us. Until we meet again precious friend, on the Rainbow Bridge.Thank-you, Lucy, for all you gave us!

4 comments:

Mothership said...

Oh honey i am so sorry, my love goes out to you and your family at this time of loss, it is so hard when we lose a member of the family, they are our teachers and friends. I know she is in a wonderful place. May you feel the peace and love that she is sending you.

Anonymous said...

I would be hard pressed to add anything to what Rach said other than I am very sorry for your loss.

Most people dont allow their animal companions to be much more than pets much less truly part of the family. I know she had a wonderful life as part of your family and she was as lucky to have you as you were to have her.

Love & Peace

Rachel Nykerk said...

I am so sorry about your loss. Pets are part of the family and it is so sad to lose them. I love the rainbow bridge, it helps to picture that when Lucy can no longer be with her loving family here.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I have cried buckets full the last couple days!For 16 years Lucy was always there to greet me when I came home, always there to sleep on my pillow each night. God I miss that cat! Even with my other pets here-which I dearly love, too-I still feel the emptiness left by Lucy. She was definately the queen!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed