Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A few of my NOT favorite things...


 I find myself in the need of a little ventage today. Feeling a bit crabby, a little cranky, a tad irritated, a smidge ticked. Interesting that when you're feeling like this, more examples of all things bothersome just seem to pop up! Annoying crap has reached dangerously high levels! And you thought global warming was a problem-heh!

This is not an exhaustive list of everything that gripes my cookie...it is, however, a start!
  1. Line cutters/jumpers. These people completely disrespect the karmic order of the universe!
  2. Parking space snatchers-thieves of the worst ilk! Doesn't that just blow? Then they hop out of the car looking all innocent like nothing just happened!
  3. Interrupters. Kathie Lee, wait your turn! Let Hoeda get a word in once in awhile, would you?  The View is the absolute worst example of this. Better now that Rosie's gone. Still annoying.
  4. People who throw their trash on the floor at the movie theater. Bet they don't do that at home! Or maybe they do...
  5. Instruction booklets of any kind. Evil sadists write these things...
  6. People who talk on their cell phones through any and everything, even when they are having a conversation with someone else or waiting in line somewhere. Oh, yeah, then we all get in on their senseless blathering.
  7. People who don't say thank-you when you hold the door for them. Rude.
  8. People who don't acknowledge you with a wave or nod when you let them have the right of way at a 4-way stop or when they need to get into your lane and you let them. Not nice!
  9. People who don't use their turn signals. Beg to be hated!
  10. People who have terrible phone manners: just start talking without identifying themselves, don't bother to ask you if it's a good time to talk, keep you on the phone for great lengths of time without getting to the point or allowing you to say your piece.( Make faces at them on your end-it helps!)
  11. Making a business call and having to repeat your issues to 10 different people before you finally get to speak to the right one! Or...worse yet, getting stuck in the doo-loop of an automated system ad nauseum without ever actually speaking to a REAL person!
  12. Chaffing, prickly heat, heat rash. Hate that!
  13. Mosquito bites.
  14. Vending machines that eat your money and don't give you your "stuff"!
  15. When the toilet paper has run out and you don't realize it before you sit down...
  16. People who work in service jobs-grocery checkers, fast food workers, retail clerks- who have absolutely zilch in the personality department. Blank. Bland. What ever happened to customer service and exchanging pleasantries with the customers? How about a smile now and then? Maybe the Invasion of the Body Snatchers really happened?
  17. People who don't cover their mouths when they cough.
  18. People who talk with their mouths full.
  19. People who won't give up their seat on a bus, train , or while waiting for a table in a restaurant for an elderly person, injured or disabled person, or a pregnant lady.
  20. When a machine that you are counting on screws up-computer, car, ATM, whatev...especially for us non-mechanical sorts. OY!
Ok, I feel much better now. I bet there are things I have forgotten...I bet there are things you could add...How about it? What chaps your buns? Go ahead, commiserate!

4 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

21.People who borrow things and donnot return them. 22.Pitbull owners who have children.
23.Drs. who treat a symptom with medication without first trying to find out what is causing the symptom.

Mothership said...

24. people that bark at your dogs and get them all worked up, then cant figure out why the dogs are barking at them. 25. people whos dogs ride in the back of their pickup trucks on the freeway going 60.

Unknown said...

I hear you Lana, commiseration is a necessary part of life. But loved the cat photo, you can still keep your funny bone even then. Here's my 2 cents:

26. Hot flushes. I get them and i hate them and they make me feel filthy.

27. Hot flushes when the weather is humid. And i live in a tropical country so that can be -- most of the time:( Sometimes i wanna run through the water fountain the way F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda drove their car into one. (wouldn't wanna ruin my car, my clothes i can wash again)

xoxo

SeaSaw Mom said...

Thanks for sharing. It's too true! Glad others have the same annoyances! Sadly, I can think of more things...
I know you mentioned this one, but the doo-loop of a recorded CHEERFUL voice totally irks me! I'm screaming on the other end and she says, "I'm sorry. I still did not understand. Please press or say 1..."
28. One parent overriding the "consequence" doled out by the other. That is hugely annoying.
29. Me being angry. Gosh, it really ticks me off when I'm mad! I hate me like that...so...I'm going back to my happy place (dreaming in musical-style again).
Chat with you soon!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed