Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ottawa Beach Loop


First really major ride of my biking career took place today. I only ran into two problems-when I got to Holland state park, there was such a huge back-up of people both driving and walking in that I wasn't able to keep from running into or being run into so I had to get off my bike and walk in. The other issue was leaving the state park. There were spots where the sand was just so thick it made my front tire start to spin out but I was able to recover it. Not bad! Especially since it's a holiday weekend and the whole lakeshore is packed with people! The bike paths and surrounding roads were full of bikers and roller bladers, too. The place was as busy as I've ever seen it. I felt really proud of myself when I completed the Ottawa Beach Loop!

Stopped to have a cold drink of ice water before proceeding and decided to take pictures of the lovely house that I'm hoping to live in some day-LOL! NH-But much to my dismay, I lost battery on the camera and when I went to get the spare one out I found that I had forgotten it in the charger at home! Yikes!! A blogger without a camera is a frightening thing...It's the same feeling as that nightmare where you go out in public only to discover you're naked!

So, you are looking at the only 4 photos taken of this beautiful day! I was assured that there would be other photo Opps on these grounds. Discovered the battery issue just as I was about to snap a picture of an adorable little yellow bird eating out of the feeder.
The rest of the afternoon was going to be spent cooling off in the pool at Oak Grove-which did happen and it was refreshing after the ride! Just no pictures-DUH! 
Then viewed Zohan at the Holland 7-delightfully stupid movie in case you were wondering! Some really funny parts, too, but really long for a comedy! Adam Sandler is awesome though.
Home again to make the battle plan for Sunday's attack on the runaway yard! Two days of all play seemed so fantastic after so many days of all work! Tomorrow-pay the piper!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed