Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm playing with my...



Widgets, you pervert! What did you think I was going to say? Incase you don't know or are new to blogging, widgets are the added little page features. Blogger has come a long way since I first began blogging a year ago and so have I! They constantly make improvements and add new services and features all the time!I suggest just playing around with stuff until you find what you like, want, and can make it work for you. This process happened in stages. I added the blog buddy list and my favorite list right away when I started. The YouTube came a bit later.  The counter I added a couple days ago and the live feed so I can see where my visitors are coming from. I'm trying out the delayed publishing feature on some of my posts so that when the ideas come pouring out of me, it won't be so overwhelming for you-I can space the posts out over time. Cool! A little Lanacentric goes a long way...Can I get an "Amen"? Dunno how I feel about the survey thing just yet. I have always been curious as to whether mayo or Miracle Whip is preferred so maybe I can conduct ongoing research on all the trivial things I wonder about in the course of a day! Believe it or not, a lot of freaky stuff floats through my gray matter 24/7. Well, you're safe for now. I haven't figured out how to embed music or videos yet or how to change the background on my blog. But I will! I'm going to keep pimpin' my blog until I get it just how i likes it! I used to think posting a picture to my blog was really big stuff. Now it's just every day-YAWN. Change is good and there will be more of it. Compass Pointe is evolving. It's my ongoing goal to try and write something everyday to get in the habit for later when I'm writing books...you've been forewarned! I know there are a lot more funny and fancy things I could do to bling the blog. I just don't know how to do them or find them yet.~Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Darren said...

I've been meaning to try out some new Blogger widgets too. When I started blogging three years ago, I had to find a counter and feed outside of Blogger and write them into the code.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Hey, Clare's Dad! Yeah, let's make a deal-if you find out something really cool, tell me and if I find something really cool I'll tell you! Deal?
Thanks for popping in-take good care!
Lana

Carol Sue said...

You are leaps and bounds ahead of me in tis blogging business. I am just starting

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed