Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Pound of Cure: 2008 in Review



I am currently in week 10 of my weight loss journey. As of this week, I'm 17.2 pounds lighter than when I started. At weight loss church this week we were asked to finish these statements:

I'm feeling most proud of...

Just getting started! That first step's a doosie!

A great way I found to manage my emotions is...

Blog or Journal

I'm proud I handled setbacks by remembering...

persistence not perfection!

The most important thing I've learned is...

Set realistic goals, never give up, be as kind to myself as I am to others!

I'm really glad I discovered...

My own strength, my bold voice, and the value of my family, friends, and faith!

The best strategy for successfully dining out was...

Plan ahead for the points and what I'm going to eat, then box up half of it as soon as it arrives at the table as a takehome meal for the next day!

The Helpful Habit that I improved the most is...

Taking care of myself!

When I weighed in on Christmas Eve morning, I showed a 4 pound gain!! True, I had social engagements pretty much every day and evening of the entire week before Christmas but I did feel that I had navigated those pretty well. Such a large jump came as a shock~and I was really bummed! Thanks to Nancy, our meeting clerk, secretary, friend and confidante who said, "Don't let this throw you off!" I know she's been there, too. Now at lifetime, she still remembers these struggles. I kept hearing her words throughout the holiday and Nancy, I didn't let that 4 pounds throw me off! So, when I weighed in on Tuesday evening, I was 5.2 pounds down. A net loss of 1.2 pounds OVER CHRISTMAS!!!! I am so thankful for this program and for the leaders and supporters and fellow-members who help so much along the way! The first week I joined, my leader Kathy and Nancy sent me a postcard welcoming me and in big letters she wrote: YOU CAN DO THIS! She underlined the word can. There are so many times those words have come to my rescue, too! You know what? 2009 is going to be a very good year! I'm planning a lot of healthy changes for myself and it's good to know that there will be the cavalry(all you Lana supporters out there) to lean on when I need to...I hope 2009 is a very blessed year for all of you reading this blog(cuz most of you fall into that Lana supporter category, too!). Take the best of care and have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

Hey Lana! Wow you really are quick when it comes to updating your blog :) Nice meeting you last night. I will add you to my blog list!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Your whole family is so nice! Rachel has been a real blessing to my life these past few years. A really great friend to have! I hope I get to know all of you better as the time goes on...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed