Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Pound of Cure: Celebrate!


This is week 8 for me at WW. I lost 2.2 pounds for a total of 16.2. I also lost 3 1/2 inches overall. One inch lost on my upper arms, one inch off my waist, one inch off my hips, and half an inch off my thighs. I am still in the same size as last month BUT my clothes are getting baggy! The discussion focus for the meeting was on exercising more on the new Momentum program and on continuing to strategize for the holiday celebrations. Personally, I had to do a combination of things this week to stay on track. I saved my bonus points for the parties and get-togethers. I had something social Sunday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night. Saturday I have a wedding and reception to go to. I tried to exercise extra to gain some activity points I could use for additional food and drinks. I also gave up a couple events and picked what mattered most and chose to eat and drink very lightly at a couple of events. There are some things this holiday season I chose not to do or to do less of. Some tasks I delegated so I would have the time I needed to exercise and to attend my WW meeting. I was very bummed out last week at gaining a pound, but a friend pointed out to me that I was still losing at Thanksgiving while others were gaining. Another friend reminded me that I wouldn't be doing this well if I weren't in WW. Even if I gain a bit during the holidays-which I am going to try my hardest not to do-I will still be ahead of the game for at least trying to stay on program rather than having a food free-for-all! Normally, I gain about 5-7 pounds from Thanksgiving to the New Year! So, anything under that will be progress. If I manage to maintain that will be equal to losing! If I lose during this time...that's the most fantastic thing yet! So, no matter what, I'm better off than I was during this time last year! So, for me, I am reminding myself to persevere and not try to be too perfect. I need to go ahead and celebrate~using discretion and care~having a plan~leaving some allowance for a few special treats and eats this season. That's where it is really a lifestyle change that makes the most difference in the long-term. Our Weigh Watchers center has moved and this was the first week in our new location. I am also one ticket closer to winning that basket!!!!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed