Thursday, December 25, 2008

Baker~Wiedewitsch~Rogers~Glazek Family Christmas 2008



Here are the scenes of our family Christmas. It was an especially blessed one from my point of view. We have all drawn closer this year and have come to value our family more. Everyone contributed and participated. The boys helped me put up the outside lights. Tyler went with me to get the tree. Trevor put the lights on the tree. Jayden decorated it with my help and he helped string cranberries and helped glue the green and red paper chains.There are ornaments that my parents gave me before I left home on this tree. Tyler has his ornaments from 1985-Baby's first Christmas. There are some clay ornaments that Tyler and Trevor made when they were 5& 7 years old...and the 6 Crystal ornaments that I have always loved. The rest were plastic shatterproof ornaments that are Jayden and cat-proof.Just the fact that we actually had a REAL Christmas tree was a miracle in itself. The year the kittens were born, they knocked the tree over so many times that we just left it lying down with a big sign that read: DON'T ASK. The next year we put our gifts around a nativity scene but nobody liked that. Then we got the cheesy snow globe that was supposed to go in the yard but we put it inside and put our gifts around it. That worked for a couple years. Then Bryn tried catching the snowflakes-he bit a big hole in the thing and it blew those little fake snow pellets all over the house.This happened while we were gone somewhere and came home to a big mess!We unplugged it immediately and some cat who thought the remaining pellets were kitty litter peed on it! Needless to say, end of the snow globe! So, this tree really meant a lot to me. It was not our most elegant one down through the years. It's kind of homely and Charlie Brownish. But I loved it the most because everyone did something for it. When I look at that tree I see my family. Each special one. Unity. That really blessed my heart this year to walk into the house and see a symbol of our family and our love for one another. Our connectedness. I hope that each of you found similar sources of joy over your holidays! God Bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine your way! Peace!

5 comments:

Manasa said...

I am so moved by the photos and wanted to comment. I love your thoughts for the day, segments.
It was great to speak with Trevor and you tonight.

I appreciate your forward thinking and movement...You touch my heart sisee, ILU, Keep on keepen on!! I am proud or you, you are pulling ahead!!

My therapist shared this with me, and it reminded me of all we chatted about tonight!!!

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" and another one is: "Forgiveness is giving up all hope of a better past"

LU
M
xo

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Thanks, Marc! I appreciate the support and comraderie!
Hugs~

moorejoy said...

I loved your photos - I felt like I was there! You and Jayden have such a special relationship - it is good to be able to watch it grow from afar ;)

Merry Christmas Here's to a great 2009!!!

Rachel Nykerk said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. That Jayden is a darling !

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Yes, ladies, you guessed it...Jayden is my favorite person! Granny can't help but fall madly in love with the little guy!
Thanks for checking in! I guarantee there will be more where that came from. Jayden and I have adventures!
Take care and enjoy the rest of your holidays~see you New Years Eve, Rach!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed