Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Pound of Cure: Hitting the wall!


I am just now beginning week 8 on Weight Watchers. Next week I'll have totals and inches lost to report~I hope! I did not have a loss this week for the first time since I started. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I still lost over Thanksgiving but to be perfectly honest, I was sorta bummed out today because I went up a pound. OK-it's just a pound. Could have been worse. I can tell you though that could feel myself not doing well this week. I forgot my journal a couple times and then had to sit down after the fact and try to remember what I had eaten. That doesn't work well! I had trouble getting in my water this week for some reason. My exercise was off too because of the snow and ice. Very dangerous for running! It just wasn't a stellar week. And it just goes to show you how important it is to do all those little things each week. They add up to a big measure of success. On the plus side, I still went to my meeting even though I felt pretty sure I was up a bit. I got right back up and started doing the things I goofed up last week. So, I know this coming week will be better. It's all about persistence and not perfection. When faced with a mountain I will not quit! A guy I knew from church was just acknowledged today for his 50-lb. loss. He had set a goal to lose 50 pounds by Christmas and hit that mark today, two weeks from Christmas! That inspires me to keep going and to set a goal for myself. I would like to reach my 10% goal before New Years. That gives me three weeks to lose 6 pounds. That's do-able I think! Today we all got to hear about the new program at WW called Momentum. If you want more details than that, you'll just have to join! Let me say this, it is even simpler than what's in place currently. Hard to believe, huh? I already thought the program was nearly perfect as it was but just goes to show you, there's always room for improvement! Well, here's to a better week. Keep moving forward!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed