Monday, December 1, 2008

A Pound of Cure: WW Boggle

Tonight we played a game at weight loss church. Working in teams, we took a few minutes to try and think of ways to make exercise more fun~move it or you won't lose it! So, we collectively brainstormed in our teams and then shared our lists, trying to think of things that the other groups had not thought of.

Ideas that came out of the game: Get a new exercise outfit, use music to motivate, do the activity with a friend, go dancing, jumprope, play hopscotch, take classes, use equipment such as a yoga ball, go rock climbing, kayaking, do martial arts, walk, run, swim, bike, hike. Play racquet ball. Do housework to music.Exercise while watching The Biggest Loser. The list goes on...
Gotta love Weight Watchers! We're involved in a little contest right now aimed at keeping people working on their weight loss goals over the holidays. We can earn tickets for our attendance at meetings and product purchases between now and Christmas. The prize is a fabulous gift basket with a neat denim Weight Watchers apron, a scale, some WW products, and a set of serving spoons. I hope I get lucky. I REALLY want that basket! We also got a great recipe to use over the holidays and a calendar for the month of December that has a thought or suggestion to help you on each day. The one for today: What will success on December 31st look like to you? Work toward that goal every day. Every week there's valuable information and discussion that helps me to stay focused. I am not alone on this journey. I have fellow-travelers that support me and understand. I had a great weigh-in considering the food orgy on Thanksgiving. I lost 2.2 pounds this week bringing my total to 15 pounds in 6 weeks. Must be the running. Nice! I am very thankful for these meetings. They have become a key element of my success. Statistically, people who stay for the meetings are much more successful at achieving their weight loss goals. My leader on Monday nights is Kathy and the receptionist/secretary is Nancy. Both of them have been in the trenches where I am now. They have both been successful on Weight Watchers. They have achieved the status of Lifetime members. They are both a great encouragment to me. They are my cheerleaders. It's a team effort.!

I get by with a little help from my friends. Next stop Onederland. Then straight ahead to my 10% goal. I anticipate hitting that milestone before the New Year.

2 comments:

Carol Sue said...

WAy to go Lana...I read your blog daily and LOVE seeing your progress, you are getting me motivated

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Thanks, Carol! I appreciate your loyalty~and encouragement! You can do it, too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed