Saturday, November 15, 2008

I getsy Etsy!


OK, I'm a little slow....I finally took the time to check out Etsy, which a lot of people have been telling me about FOREVER! If you're looking for anything handmade, check this out:

http://www.etsy.com

Blog Buddy, Jodi Michelle of Jodi's Bodacious Blog fame, has her own Etsy store which specializes in beautiful cards, aprons, and photography. Carol Sue, News from the Northwest, is soon to open her Etsy store~My friend, Patricia, makes jewelry that I think would do great on Etsy and her friend Cleta makes the coolest Renaissance costumes, another etsyish thing...I'm sitting here trying to think what kind of stuff I could make and put on Etsy. Oh, yeah, almost forgot-I don't have the time for that!!! Maybe when I retire-is that laughing I hear?? Ummm, well, until then, I'm just going to spend some time browsing this great site and perhaps purchase some interesting and beautiful gifts from here. The first time I logged on I spent about two hours just looking. Still didn't see it all! Doesn't cost anything to look and it's so fantastic that all these individual entreprneurs, from all over the world, can have such a great forum to showcase their talents and wares and, because of Etsy, can run a very successful business from their homes. THAT IS AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Hey, this could be how to avoid the hassle of Christmas shopping the old fashioned way. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Carol Sue said...

I opened my shop, go under seller's name at the top drop down list, put in nykerk and search, then click on my name!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed