Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Election Reflection: 52/48

After all the hub-bub of the election, I just sort of gave it a rest. No political banter for awhile. I will tell you that when I watched the election returns on November 4th, I sat in bed and cried when it was announced that Obama had won. Such a historic moment that we all had a share in. Just to see the ocean of faces gathered in Chicago, waving flags, and being more engaged in the political process than I have ever seen before! Excitement and hope! No place for apathy these days! I have been encouraged by the way our new president-elect has jumped right in with both feet running to try and get the ball rolling ASAP. Everyone else that I can recall has waited until after the inauguration and even then took an agonizingly long time to pick the administration posts.We need decisive and timely action.I think we're going to get it! I was deeply touched by John McCain's conciliatory concession speech and the wonderful sentiments of getting everyone working together now that the American people have spoken and made their will and choice know. Still, there's a bit further that we can go to bring about unity and healing. I really liked this link a friend sent to me about the 52/48. Please take the time to check it out. It will do your heart good! There's even a spot where you can make your own unique contribution to this site. I hope you will...Enjoy the love ; - )

http://www.zefrank.com/from52to48withlove/

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed