Saturday, November 29, 2008

DeGraaf Nature Center

I had stuff that I needed to get done. But it was so sunny, even though crisp, and I know the weather forcast says everything's gonna change tomorrow...so, off I went to take a walk and enjoy the great outdoors at a location I've been meaning to check out for years now~today was the day!

As you can see from the slideshow, I made a great choice by going out to experience the DeGraaf Nature Center, located at 600 Graafschap Road, across from Christ Memorial. I was pleasantly surprised by the extent of the services and activities offered here. The trails are open 7 days a week-dawn to dusk. The center building is open Tuesday-Friday from 9 to 5 and on Saturday from 10 to 5. There are all sorts of events that people can participate in such as a couple Christmas events in the log cabin where kids and adults can hear stories from the pioneer days, make doughnuts, and do craft projects. There are bird and owl watching events. There's even a snowflake photography session! They have some snowshoeing adventures scheduled for the winter months and even go so far as to provide the snowshoes! This place is amazing! There are a lot of exhibits and hands-on things at the center that I think even someone as young as Jayden would enjoy. I know I enjoyed it immensely myself. They have movies there on Saturdays that have nature-oriented themes. Just too much to tell you about in this post. But if you are interested in learning more about it, go to the DeGraaf Nature Center website:  www.degraff.org

3 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

The Nature Center is a great place. I have alot of fond memories, especially when taking the boys there when they were growing up.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

I'm sorry I missed it with my boys when they were little but I will be taking Jayden there very soon to check it out. Isn't it wonderful all the great FREE resources we have in this community for kids and families? I am so impressed by that!

Unknown said...

Nice slide show, especially your captions:)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed