Saturday, November 8, 2008

Croptoberfest: A Virgin No More!

Not a scrapbooking virgin, anyway! Within hours of arriving at the Spring Lake Holiday Inn, I had completed my first album page! I chose to put together an album of photos from my annual Oregon trip which was taken August 10-24, 2008.

I know this looks chaotic but this seems to be the typical way that REAL scrapbookers work~which means I are one! Whoda thunk it?? I wouldn't have believed that I had it in me to do this sort of crafting. My old self talk would have said, "You're not the creative, crafty type!" Moral of the story: Stay open. You never know what kind of great stuff you're talking or thinking yourself out of! It never hurts to try something new. Sometimes you may just surprise yourself...

We occupied the main ballroom at the hotel. Not sure how many of us there were-A BUNCH! We worked from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. The meals were catered for us and were really yummy-we'll see how I did tomorrow at Weight Watchers! The ballroom was next to the bar. So, of course, we had toddies! The room stayed open as long as anyone wanted to scrap...sometimes 2 or 3 in the morning, and then reopened at around 6 or 7 am. People are free to come and go at will. Many of us enjoyed the pool, hot tub,workout room, and computer center. We didn't even have to make our own beds! This is the kind of stuff women fantasize about!!



I got a little back massage from Suz...

Had some spirits to keep the creative juices flowing...in my jammies, no less. Might as well be comfy.

Consulted with my consultant, Mycha...

Met a fellow scrapbooker who is also a fellow Oregonian! Then I really felt at home!

OK, so I had another toddy-So what! Who's counting???

One of the neatest parts of this crop was spending time with my coworkers from CWIT-Patricia, Suz, Melanie, and Beth. It was awesome getting to know these gals better and learn that we have a common interest. Next time, ladies, you will not escape my camera!I will get you onto this blog yet! In fact, all the gals were outgoing, fun, helpful and just oh,so nice! There were a lot of laughs and many interesting conversations flying around the room. We went around looking at each other's work for ideas to use in our own albums. I got in touch with my inner magical child again! It was like being a kid, let loose in a room full of colored paper, pens, stickers, and all sorts of gadgets for making shapes and different cut lines. The possibilities are endless and once you get going it just feels like play! The weekend flew by far too quickly. We'll be having another mini-crop in January and then another event like this in March~and they won't have to ask me twice!!

2 comments:

Carol Sue said...

great idea and looks like great fun. I am busy crafting and in the process of setting up an ETSY store. ETSY.com.....go there and you will really be inspired. I will let you know when the store is OPEN. How much did your weekend cost?

Unknown said...

Hey, Lana I am glad to hear you had a great time during the weekend. I hope you continue to write you write wonderfully. Hope to see you in January.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed