Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Pound of Cure: 10% goal and beyond!



Finally, I hit and surpassed my 10% goal this week-I am 16 weeks into the process and 24 pounds lighter. My fitness assessment showed that I can bench press 495 pounds with my legs, 90 pounds over my head, do 25 pushups without stopping and 48 situps in 1 minute. My flexibility is in the excellent category for my age. I am only fair in the cardio rating for my age~that was a surprise because I've mainly been running, biking, and doing the eliptical so I would have thought I'd be further along in that area. I am going to have another appointment with a trainer soon to learn all the weight machines and to be put on a lifting regime so that I can do more firming, toning , and building muscle. That's my progress report so far.I set my final goal today with my Weight Watchers leader and set another 10% for an interim goal along the way. My goal, going into next week, is to reach that 25 pound mark.

3 comments:

The Kapenga's said...

Way to go Lana! Can't wait to book my massage with you once I'm feeling better!!!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Thanks, Wendi! I hope that's soon that you feel better! I'll be looking forward to seeing you! Dave was so pleased when he bought that for your Valentine~what a sweetie. Wish we could clone another one like that only in the 40-50 year old range!

Beth said...

That's awesome Lana! Congratulations. You look great!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed