Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celtic Women Substitute

Posted by Picasa


I had planned to take some amazing pictures at the Celtic Women concert tonight but they looked through all the purses and confiscated any cameras until after the show~Damn! So, you'll have to settle for this quasi-Celtic pose with a pink mannequin in Macy's pre-concert. If you haven't seen the Celtic Women special that has been on PBS, you probably don't know who these ladies are. It would be worth doing some research on Google. They do a mix of Celtic and contemporary songs done in a Celtic style. They all wear elegant, feminine gowns, they are really beautiful, and the sets are always elaborate with art, lighting, an extensive percussion section, dancing and backup musicians and singers. Quite a production! Really special. They got two standing ovations from the crowd at the Van Andel. It was a full afternoon. After church I went shopping at River Town, then out to dinner at TGI Friday's. Believe it or not, we had a real Irish waiter! Accent and all. Cuter than all get-out and a big flirt! Then the guy who always waits on us when we go to concerts was there too-his name is Brad Wagbo and I'm going to name my next dog Wagbo after him just because I love that weird, quirky name. It's Swedish or some such thing.He always remembers us because we do the "festival of the shots" and we'll try anything! Then the concert. So, another fun weekend comes to a close. Back to old grind...

3 comments:

The Hambergulars said...

Hi Lana - I LOVE the Celtic Women! I've never seen them in person, but have 2 of their CD's (after running across them by accident on PBS a couple of years ago). You've re-inspired me to keep on the lookout for them - I'd love to see them in person sometime. Do you know if they'll be returning to the Van Andel in the future?

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Not sure when they will return but I know they have been there before so I would assume Grand Rapids is on the schedule sometime in the future. And when they come back I will be going again for sure! They are awesome!BTW, I love that name, Trillium Studios. I love anything to do with Trilliums. You must be a flower lover as well!

Unknown said...

I love the Celtic Women, I have their video and CD of course I bought them on a PBS special. Hope you had a great time.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed