Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Time travel IS possible...

Just for shits and giggles I decided to try out a yearbook website that can take one of your current photos and put you into period hairstyle and clothing for any year from 1950-2000.
If I had been born, this is what I would have looked like in 1950:

This photo is vintage 1960-I was born the year before, in 1959. I swear my mom had some glasses just like these!

I wonder if the Beach Boys would have thought I was hot? This is circa 1966

1968-a very good year but I'm sorta flipped out don't you think?

1970-I was 11 years old when this hairstyle was popular

1974-thanks a lot Cher! Everyone loved the long, straight look~hell on a girl with natural curls! I remember trying dippity-do and ironing but if there was ANY humidity at all or rain I instantly had a fro

1976 was the year I graduated from high school-We all tried so hard to look like Farrah!

1980-horrendous mop! I'd love to say that I never had a hairstyle like this but...we all make mistakes. I call this one Dorothy Hamil gone wild!

1986-shades of Curly Sue!

1990-Really? I was busy raising two little boys...did I even have hair? I just don't remember!

1996-The year I moved from Kentucky to West Michigan, back in the big hair days!

Y2K-the real impending disaster turned out to be this hairdo!

In living color-here and now-having what I think is a pretty good hair day! 
There's no time like the present~these are the good old days!

You too can take a stroll down memory lane by going to www.yearbookyourself.com. There are ridiculous hairstyles for men also. Have fun!

1 comment:

Carol Sue said...

great blog...loved the photo shots...see you soon

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed