Friday, September 12, 2008

Maroon Mania



Not a parking space to be found in the entire lot! Not a seat to be had in the bleachers!
The Holland Christian Maroon Platoon was in full force tonight as our beloved Maroons hosted Byron Center. Final score was HC 36, Byron Center 24. This is the third win for the Maroons already this season and no signs of slowing down!They were a powerful presence and it couldn't happen to a better group~the coaching staff has worked so hard to build up this fairly new program into a force to be reckoned with! Being at Holland Christian brought back such great memories. Trevor was nice enough to let me wear his old jersey-the spirit of 76! Many of our happiest memories as a family happened right here on this field. There is something magical about being out at a football game on a Friday night! I didn't run into as many familiar faces as I had hoped to see but there were a few and I know that it doesn't take long after your kids graduate that you lose touch with the current group. Guess I'll just have to wait for Jayden to grow up a bit! Trevor noted that many of the players now are the younger brothers of players who were on his team so some of those Dutch names were still very familiar! I did run into the Jelgerhuis'. They both did some pretty convincing Republican stumping but I'm on the other side of the fence this time...nice try Jane and Drew! Kathy Slenk told me that her younger son is now wearing the #1 jersey that belonged to his older brother Mike who played with Trev. I also saw Matt Yount from VPM. He was nice enough to take a photo of Trev, Court and I. Otherwise, nothing but a sea of Maroon...

Holland Christian also had an open house to show off all the renovations that have been progressing on the campus. Really beautiful. 

The hollowed halls of HC have a brand new look to them... 
Pretty classy joint, don't you think?



This doesn't even look like the same place!
A new stadium would be nice...hope that's next! However, it was well worth the walk from our distant parking space and the game was so exciting that I honestly didn't mind standing even though I'd been on my feet all day!Note to self: get there early!! The Maroons were well worth the effort~GO HC!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed