Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thanks a million, John Tesh!

Any big John Tesh fans out there? I seem to alternate between Tesh, Delilah(when I want to really gross myself out with sappy stuff), JQ99 most of the time, plus I skim the oldies stations for classic rock and I do the same with country and NPR for when I really want to learn something!

I might not have this exactly right BUT Tesh always says something like: If your 10 year old shouldn't hear it, it won't be on the John Tesh show. He also makes a big to-do about giving you the 4-1-1 on everything from soup to nuts, and a lot of what he calls "intelligence for your life". Not sure how well researched this stuff is, but I find it highly amusing most of the time, so I really don't care if it's bullshit or not-as long as it has entertainment value. Insight into me.
Anyway, last Wednesday I was driving home from Kalamazoo and I heard that mosquitoes do show preferences for certain people-DUH! I made that list. He goes on to say that they prefer people who are sweaty. Also, the reason they bite you on your feet so often is that they are attracted to a certain bacteria found on feet that has traits in common with Limburger Cheese! Is that why the word mosquitoes has the word toes in it? Hmmm-what more is there for me to say...I hate mosquitoes but they LOVE me. The upside is that I've been having a very healthy social life, getting out enough at night, which has given the mosquitoes an opportunity to enjoy my company right along with everyone else! The price of fame I suppose! Now we have the 4-1-1- way to go, Tesh! Next time I go out, I'm taking a chunk of Limburger cheese along as a decoy!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed