Friday, August 1, 2008

TGIF

Finally, I made it over to the Boatwerks Restaurant which sits on the waterfront next to Kollen Park. Really crowded tonight but I can see why...the scenery is lovely-especially after the roller-coaster week I've had!Very relaxing! The bar was hopping. Lots of people there I knew. Not sure what that says about me-hehe! I had a wonderful dinner-Pasta Primavera, a nice house salad and fresh baked bread, washed down with a couple Oberon's. They also had live music. Nice touch.


After dinner meanderings took us to  the Taste of Holland that was going on over at the Civic Center. They had a concert in progress and of course you know I can't pass up good music and a street dance! Over the years, I have been impressed with all the unique, quirky, cultural, and best of all, FREE events this town comes up with~and it seems to just be getting better and better all the time. I'm starting to realize how lucky I am to be here!

Topped off with iced coffees at JP's. The perfect night to sit outside and people watch. It was unreal how many people are wandering around downtown Holland SO LATE! I've noticed this on several occaisions now. I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that Holland, MI has become a destination on a Friday night!


O, well, getting close to midnight and I don't want to turn into a pumpkin or anything so, after a jaunty hike back to Boatwerks it's off to hit the rack-more fun tomarrow!
HAPPY FRIDAY!!

3 comments:

MsRoonie said...

The pasta primavera is my fave entre at Boatwerks, too. Actually, I don't think I have ever had anything I did not like at Boatwerks. It sounds like you had a perfect Friday night!

Mickey said...

Lona,
The guy in the forefront on the JP's picture is my one and only, Gary!
mickey

Gracie said...

I actually "sailed" by BW this past weekend on a friend's vessel.
Holland is a lively little town, isn't she?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed