Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I scream-U scream at the Corner Cone and Cafe


Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven-OR the freezer! I'm not picky!

Right in the heart of uptown and downtown Beaverdam sits the mecca of decadent pleasure in our humble hood:  the Corner Cone and Cafe!

A little slice of Americana right under our noses.

Another thing right under our noses is Hudsonville Ice Cream!! I am obsessed with Cake Batter! My all-time fav is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. And then there's the classic Turtle Sundae. Which is what Trevor and I were after on this occaision! Good to the last pecan!

One of life's simple pleasures around here in the summer. I'm proud of myself for resisting so long...here it is, almost the end of June and this is my first visit of the season. Of course, once the seal of Pandora's Box is broken, I'm afraid we've unleashed the ice cream genie...now we are slaves for the rest of the summer!

Oh, well, support the local economy and all. Hey, what's another fat roll?? Sometimes this is the best meeting place around and certainly the best location to observe what cars are traveling up and down 72nd Avenue on any given evening-the big pastime in Beaverdam! As you can see there's curbside seating for your viewing pleasure. No need for call ahead and no reservations required-come as you are!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a very cute place. Worth a ride out to Beaverdam I think.

Mothership said...

Mmmmm ice cream, looks like such a great place.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed