Saturday, June 21, 2008

Forward or Delete?


Are you one of those people who love forwards? Or do you delete? Those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE getting forwards! I love sending forwards! Even the stupid ones...even the dirty ones...even the ones I've seen a dozen times before and even the ones that are pure bullshit and don't have a shred of truth to them...in which case my pal, polysyllabicspree, SNOPES it for me so that I will realize that it's a complete fabrication. I even love the ones that ARE totally factually inaccurate-if they are entertaining or amusing.! I love that, even if just for a split second, someone was thinking of me and clicks on my name to send me something. That's affirming! Better than being forgotten about! Yes, I know it can get annoying when they all pile up...but then there is DELETE for just such occasions. Yes, I realize that sometimes you see the same damn forward a million times! Of course, I understand that we're all so DOGGONE BUSY that forwards can seem like a time and energy suck-just one more thing...But, truth is, someone cared enough about you to send it to you in the first place. For some of us ultra-busy types, all this computering is part of our social life. Pathetic as that is! I remember back over the last few years, while some heavy shit has been going down in my life, every morning before work I'd check my emails and,  sure enough, my good friends had sent a few things to brighten my day, make me think, make me smile, make me laugh and know that I was being thought about. That helped me make it through those tough, dark days. Now that life is sweeter and things are going so much better, I still love hearing from the people in my life via forwards. And I love sending on the ones that added something to my life in hopes of passing that little bit of good will along to the next person. Next time you start to get irritated about too many forwards, just remember that a forward represents someone who considered you worthwhile enough to reach out to. A nice thought! You can also think of it this way: Forwarding isn't just a computer term we see on a toolbar in Outlook. It's a way of forwarding one another in our lives.A way to show you care. That you are thinking of someone. That you value them . That you know they need a laugh or a prayer for their day. It's a touchstone that keeps people connected at a time when we're all moving at a pace too fast to accommodate a lot of face-to-face interaction. Don't know if all this resonates with you or not but this is kinda what popped into my head as I was reading my funny forwards from my friends this morning. Hey, thanks to all of you who include me in your lives. I consider that a privilege and an honor. And if all else fails....DELETE!

3 comments:

Carol Sue said...

Depends on my mood....about these fowards of emails, but I certainly agree with you that it means that someone was thinking about you, if only for that hort time....yes, someone was thinking about YOU. Lana, I love your blog....thanks for sending and sharing

Carol Sue said...

You are sooooo much more sophisticated than I am with your blog. I am just starting and mine is going to need some real work compared to yous. maybe a lesson when you get to Oregon would help!!!

Carol Sue said...

I checked out some of your favorite things, "The Memorial for Mr. Reynolds"...when I was at that site, I clicked on "Gail's store". Vestiges on NE Freemont here in Portland. I have been in the store before. It is a very cool store....small world. I really hope we get to touch base when you are in Oregon for longer than me just giving you the keys to the condo. I know you will be busy with family, but it would be so fun to kick it for a day or two. Miss Sheba wants to meet you....You must admit, she is quite a beautiful girl

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed