Saturday, March 7, 2009

Patricia's Birthday Bash


Not all of the Ya-Yas were present tonight. I would call this the core group. It is Patricia's special day and we chose to dine at City Vu atop the City Flats Hotel in downtown Holland. A great choice! The view was nice, in spite of the rain, and everything in this restaurant is unique from the eating utensils, dishes, light fixtures, artwork, cork flooring, green building materials and water and energy-efficient appliances. The decore is ultra modern and sophistocated. We all had excellent drinks, appetizers, and entrees.Patricia had salmon, Bonnie and Jamie went for the flatbreads which are the signature item at City Vu, and I had the Shepherd's Pie. We all shared a heavenly piece of carrot cake which is one of their famous desserts.Yummy! I highly recommend it!


The meal and conversation was excellent. Then Patricia and I went to see, "He's just not that into you" with Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck, Drew Barrymore, Scarlett Johannson, among others. It was a really good movie. Funny but with the proverbial grain of truth.It really is true that anyone can say anything at anytime BUT actions DO speak louder than words~with the opposite sex(and everyone else!)it's the behavior trail that tells the real story! Sometimes sad but true...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, PATRICIA! You are a wonderful person, a great friend, and a lady with many talents and abilities. I hope you celebrate many more of these annual occaisions!Thanks for letting us all be a part of it!

2 comments:

lady Russell said...

Lana - Hooray for birthdays! However, I am NOT old, just mature (ha)! I like birthday celebrations - can I have another one soon? Without getting any older, of course. The movie was fun, and so true to (young) life. Thanks for the BD gift, I will use it wisely. Today is the actual day and it has started out ... WOW Lana, you are the best of friends and I admire so many things about you. Ohhh, can you believe, I just had a phone call (actually a recording) singing the Happy Birthday song - from my car dealership of all things. Can you believe it.?!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

That's funny! Wonder if my car dealership will sing Happy Birthday to me on my 50th!? Hope your day is great, P. It sure was fun the other night! I can't wait to get back to City Vu and try one of those flatbreads. They looked so good!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed