Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Muse-My Mews!




Bryn, my redheaded Irish cat has a drinking problem!I diagnose Alcohol Dependence-303.90. My dog, Gunther, is playing way toooo much Guitar Hero. I would say he suffers from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder--300.3. And Blue appears to have Narcolepsy-347.00...It just makes me think...Hmmm. What about combining two of my passions: Pets and Counseling. I could create a new niche for myself.This could be a new branch of psychotherapy. As you know, I was planning to do Marriage and Family therapy but this really catches my interest and perhaps would be more successful than working with people. What do you think? It could be a Dog Whisperer, Dr. Doolittle, Ace Ventura kinda thing. Hey, Animal Planet has a show that features an animal psychic so why not an animal shrink? Maybe I could even have my own show.Like Jerry Springer only with animals! During this psychopathology class I'm really learning to diagnose mental illness well. It's perfect! I need counseling and I'm going to give counseling! AND I can work with clients I truely relate to. I think I'm gonna go for it~I'll call the American Psychiatric Association right away with my idea. Wonder what they'll think...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha i think they will think you are a true animal lover with lots of passion and creativity.

Polysyllabic Spree said...

Check out this link:
http://www.doggiefun.com/artman/publish/printer_267.shtml

Maybe you can legitimize it with a companion degree in Animal husbandry. (You've gone this far, what's another three years of school...ha!)

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Thanks for at least giving me the benefit of the doubt, euthymic!I do like my dogs and cats a lot more than some people! Yeah, pretty much!
Polysyllabic spree you are always so profound! I will check out the link-I'm sure it's enlightening in some way...
I appreciate you both contributing your thoughts!
Lana

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed