Sunday, May 25, 2008

Jumping into a new life!

It's weird what goes through a person's mind as they contemplate going from here.....


to here.....

 by jumping out of an airplane that's two miles up in the sky! Then, falling at the speed of 250 miles per hour-for about a minute-until the parachute, a surprisingly filmy and unsubstantial looking piece of cloth, deploys (sigh of relief!) and you float in the hand of God over the most beautiful view! That's five minutes of my life that I will NEVER forget!How would I describe the experience? FREEDOM! Complete and total freedom...like nothing else you will ever experience while standing on the ground. I could say it was a spiritual or religious experience. Deeply moving and incredibly transcendent. Other-worldly. I felt like a different person when I walked away from my jump. Probably the most empowering moment of my life so far... I can understand how and why skydivers get hooked on the adrenalin rush!




Hey, it might not have been pretty but any landing you can walk away from is a good one! Thanks, Mark! You were the perfect person to coach me through my first jump!

At the end of the day, Trevor and I were exhilarated and proud of our certificates of achievement!

Here our family celebrates with a fabulous dinner at One East Main in Freemont. Best prime rib ever!
In one afternoon we conquered our fears, put our self-limiting beliefs behind us, felt more unified as a family, and had a whole lot of crazy fun!! 
Speaking of crazy...the people at Premier Skydiving are all that and a lot more! Part of the joy of the experience was talking with this fun-loving, happy, helpful, professional, and safety conscious group. Amy and Bill, Mark, Tony and all of you at Premier Skydiving-YOU ROCK OUR WORLD! Thanks for all you did to make it great! Our family will never forget that glorious day!  If you are interested in having this experience yourself, check out their website by clicking on the link under i likes it, i likes it alot on the sidebar of this blog.
Watch for my jump video coming soon to this blog and/or Youtube...
You can see all of my still pictures by looking at Lana's Picasaweb Albums by clicking on the sidebar of this blog. The skydiving picutures are in two albums: The BIG Jump and The BIG Jump Part Deux. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Meengs5 said...

SWEET pics, chica! I love how your arms are WIDE open, embracing your new life. My hat is off to you, my dear. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed