Friday, June 15, 2007

Sock Fettish

SOMETHING AFOOT....


Every year when I go on vacation, I try to find the most unique socks possible. I've been doing this for years and so when I come home from vacation, my co-workers and closest friends ask to see my socks until they've seen all the new ones. Since I wasn't able to go last year, all my socks were 3 years old! I had to throw out a bunch of my favorite ones like the ladybug socks and the palm tree socks and my spider socks and the martini glass socks. While in Oregon, I purchased 16 new pairs of socks-most with animals, sea creatures or a nautical theme. My favorite pairs so far are the Dolphin ones and the Starfish socks.



I think this all started when I had to switch to wearing scrubs to work every day and they had to be one solid color. Therefore, I had to find some little way to spice up the ensemble. True, not too many people would be aware of my socks BUT I WOULD KNOW...Sometimes it's fun to have a little secret. And then there's the subject of underwear-but that deserves a separate blog all its own! Check out the fancy footwear. Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

SeaSaw Mom said...

I personally love the big fish that takes up the whole sock! :)

Lana Mae Kamer said...

I go in phases but right now I like the starfish best! Good to hear from you!
L

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed