Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mom enjoys Father's Day!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the dads out there-especially my dad, Oliver Baker, and the father of my two boys, Lewis Wiedewitsch and my own son, Tyler who is father to Jayden! God Bless all your efforts in being a father. Harder than it looks!

Jayden and his PaPa in Mickey Mouse's House

Lew and Trevor get in some trap shooting in Cali


Grandpa Baker always likes a photo op with his family...especially if it involves a hat!



Trevor and Grandpa Baker at the Oyster Bar in Portland, OR

Father's Day was wonderful. I got up and went to church...first Sunday back since the Saturday night services were cancelled. It was weird now to be back to Sunday morning but so great to see everyone I've been missing for the past 6 months! I took Tyler to the Whitecaps baseball game for his Father's Day gift and then we all called my dad, Grandpa Baker, and visited with him a little while. The boys and I also touched base with Lewis in California. Then, we took Gunther and Patches to the dog park. End of a very nice day!


I just finished reading Anne Lamott's latest book, Grace(Eventually) and in it she shares the only two bits of advice her dad ever gave her:
  1. Don't be an asshole.
  2. Feed people.
That certainly seems straightforward enough! If you can't get that, you've got a problem! Anyway, I feel that if we would all follow her dad's advice, we could greatly improve the quality of life on this planet!

2 comments:

Lewis said...

Dad also enjoys fathers day.

Lana,Trevor,Courtney and Jayden, the time we were able to spend together during your stop over was just great---It brought back many great memories about us as a family once again. I am dilligently working on repairing that decision that was made a couple years ago though. Our get together consisted of picking up the brood at the San Diego, Airport on Friday and spending the day in the Chino Hills area like trap shooting with Trevor who is not a bad shot and eating dinner at my favorite hangout in the mall area.
On Friday evening we all took off to the Midevil times and had a fantastic time together. We then took in Disneyland's awe on Saturday and were exhausted when we returned on Saturuday evening. We had to get up early on Sunday and off with the brood to the San Diego airport by 9 AM. We we all physically exausted, but mentally rejuvenated once again until the next time. This week it was back to reality and putting my nose to the grindstone once again. I sure miss the brood and maybe someday we will once again be able to be under one roof again. My job is keeping the wolf away from the door and as Trevor so eloquently said when he was smaller in Kentucky. He went to the door and opened it up and said dad is sure doing a great job as ther sure ain't no wolf at the door. Take care till next time.

Woowey for ever...

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Yes, Lewis, that was a very fun experience and I'm glad we can still have some sort of family configuration even if it's not in the conventional sense.The kids always love it when we can spend time together and get along. Too bad we didn't do a better job of that when we were married! There are all sorts of relationships and all sorts of families.Not everyone lives under one roof and in some cases it is not even healthy to do so. We'll have to wait and see what transpires...Meantime, I am open to God's will and to possibility-but as you know, I'm following the behavior trail and not just words. When the tongue in your mouth and the tongue in your shoe are pointing in the same direction-then we'll have something to work with!Until then, I keep moving forward.It will be wonderful to see you again in October for my graduation ceremony and your 60th birthday.I like that idea of 60 spankings coming your way-LOL!
Love and blessings,
Lana Mae Baker

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed