Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From my front door


Hey, aren't my flowers just so pretty? One of my clients blessed me with several flats of flowers that she didn't have room for in her yard.It's been about a month or more since I have really shared the musings of life in my head. I had the most fabulous visit ever with my family. When I'm there, I feel like that's where I belong. It's always hard to come back.Especially since my parents took it so hard.But I feel like this is home, too! What?! Well, one of my goals is to go to Oregon more often.
I returned to an unpleasant situation at work that had to be resolved right off the bat on my first day back at BP. It did get resolved but was a taxing few days in the process. I felt like it was one of those nobody wins kind of deals.I hadn't gotten around to renewing the plates on my car before I left and Tyler and Linda got nailed for a ticket on plates that were only 2 weeks overdue-that's Zeeland PD for ya'! Trevor and Courtney broke up, after almost 5 years of dating, which is very painful for me but I realize that they are both over 18, technically adults, and that it's none of my business. I am sad about it anyway.I spent two weeks in a fog because I couldn't get my internal clock set back to eastern time.I missed a good friend's baby shower because I was so disoriented on my dates and times...basically just acted nutty like a dementia patient because of sleep deprivation. I am so glad that I got that straightened out over this weekend. I was going to resort to trying some over-the-counter sleeping pill. Those of you who know me realize what a desperate measure that would have been because I even resist Tylenol unless I have no other choice!
So, the past couple weeks I've felt like I was just putting out fires and playing catch-up. Maybe that's just the penalty for taking a vacation! I am going to work on how to minimize or avoid that altogether next time. Not sure it can be done.
On the forward movement front, I did just complete my admissions process for my Masters program at Spring Arbor. I have been having coaching sessions with Beth Dargis that have been helping tremendously. We've been focusing on making improvements to my blog. You can thank her for the addition of web albums and the slideshow feature. Our future agenda will focus on decluttering(yes, still!) and not procrastinating on projects that I NEED to finish up on(about a gazillion of those, too!).Coming soon will be my own website where I will market the Family Life Education ecourses that I have written. Also in the plus column is a renewed interest by a possible buyer for the house. Just thinking about all the changes that would spawn makes me nuts! I did ask God to handle this in His time and in His way-so if it sells for a good price, I will have to accept that this is how it's meant to be and deal. I also had a lot of trepidation around starting grad school so soon. I kept wondering if I should wait until I get a few more logs OFF the fire. Same thing, if I get accepted at SAU then I know it had to slip through God's hands to get to me. I will accept the outcome no matter which way it goes. The schedule at work and at the shelter are a bit sketchy and I am wondering if my resolve to continue having some sort of relationship with Lewis is wise, healthy for me, or even possible! It just feels like there are so many unresolved, unknown loose ends flapping in the breeze around here...
Still, I find more good than bad, more positive than negative, more reason to rejoice than reason to cry. Now that I'm back to normal, more or less, I am starting to feel motivation return. I think completion and resolution will be the theme of the next phase. I want to get moving again on my weight loss and fitness goals. I am looking at getting complete with the house. Finishing up what needs attention at school. Getting signed up for Hope for the Single Again and Beginning Experience- which are both divorce related seminars that I wasn't able to participate in last year when I went through my divorce. I am planning a lot of fun things for myself on the weekends with my singles groups. I will spend some time with Jayden and with my boys and my girlfriends. I am really getting my legs under me in a lot of different areas. As much as possible I will make peace with the unknown and even try to enjoy the adventure of it. I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

moorejoy said...

Your flowers are beautiful... I hope they are the bonus that cinches the sale of the homestead so you can MOVE ON!!
You've got an awesome blog here - I'm not so good at keeping mine up... your life looks much more colorful though! I love to see the family resemblances between Jayden, Trevor, you, and your dad! WOW... beautiful family!
Well, God bless! I'll keep reading!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Yes, Joyce, the older I get, the more I cherish my family and all the people in my life who love and support me.Times spent with my family and friends are precious and I hold those times close to my heart. I have no idea what God has ahead for my future but I know that it will be good. I'm sure He has a plan for the house. Patience, Lana, patience!You are always such an encourager to me, Joyce! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here on this blog...which I do do anyway!That holds true when I used to journal also. Still, the comments are a boost to let me know that someone is listening and participating with me. People do tell me that they look at/read the blog and enjoy it. But comments seem hard to come by. You find out who your really dedicated friends are! So, thanks for hanging out here on my blogspot. See you soon!
Love,
Lana

Court said...

This blog thing is very cool, I will be keeping up with reading this!! And commenting about the break up, I am very sad too, last night we talked about us together and it really sounded good and we both wanted too, but today proved to be the same: Friends Always, Courtney if theres spare time and its convenient.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Court, this sounds a lot like someone else we know...coming from someone who's been there,too-DON'T SETTLE!!!
Life's too short & if you're going to be in partnership with a man, then it needs to be based on honesty, faithfulness, mutual respect and participation by both people. One person can't hold up both ends of the commitment! Family should come first, not friends, not schmoozing up to everyone else and doing all sorts of things for others but not your own family!! You should be a priority to the person you are in partnership with, THEN , if there's left over time, it should be other relationships and making a contribution. Charity begins at home. I'm with you girl! You are learning this lesson at a much earlier age than I did-cuz' I'm still working on it!! God Bless and Keep in touch! You and Trev are both great people. Hopefully things will get sorted out for the best.
Much love,
Lana

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed