Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Oregon Zoo


"T" is obsessed with his zoo key! He had one when he was little and lost it-finally this travesty is set right!

ALL THE ANIMALS IN THE ZOO ARE JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR YOU!

WHAT SEPARATES US FROM THE OTHER MONKEYS? WE SHOULD BE WEARING HATS!

THE WHOLE FANDAMILY!
On June 1st, I went to the Oregon Zoo with my niece Kim aka "Toad" (that's ok, she calls me Aunt Loonie and Lewis is Uncle Wierdo!) and her daughter Kelcee, Trev, Court, and Jayden. When we lived in Newberg, we were members of this zoo and it used to be one of our favorite haunts when the kids were little. Being such an animal person myself, I was really geeked to visit the zoo but felt a little sad when I saw how much everything had changed, some parts new to me and some parts so different it was unrecognizable. We moved the year the zoo got the Naked Mole Rats-we all got T-shirts that had a picture of the mole rats, the zoo logo, and the phrase, "A face that only a mother could love." Which was about true. They were so ugly they were cute! We spent a very fun day together and I found that I still have a great fondness for the zoo!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed