Thursday, April 26, 2007

Gratitude:My Week in Review 4/15-4/21/2007

Sunday, April 15: My excursion to Meijer Gardens with Jay Baby. What a great way to start the week! See earlier post. We had a blast. I smile every time I think about it!
Monday, April 16:Work. I am one of the lucky ones who goes to a job each week that I love. I feel that every client that comes under my hands is there by Divine appointment and I feel blessed that God would choose to use my talents in this way. After work I had my small group meeting from church. We are reading the Joel Osteen book,Your Best Life Now, in our Bible study. This is the second time through this book for me. I am still getting new things out of it. This week we talked about extending kindness and mercy to others. The emphasis was on doing this especially for those who are not treating us that way. Easy to talk about but hard to do in real life. This is God's call for us to live by higher standards. We are also to be on the lookout for ways to contribute to others. Even if/especially if it inconveniences us in some way. When I got home, I knew I was meeting Beth for lunch the next day so I spent some time at her website so I could get a feel for what she's doing in her coaching practice. All I can say is how impressed I am with what I see her trying to do for people. If you take her coaching to heart, life is bound to improve!She has very sound principals to offer people who are looking for a better way of doing things.
Tuesday, April 17: I worked my "usual" shift at Body. As I said, it's never just "usual" but always an experience. I love working with people. It's always different every day. Keeps life interesting. I had lunch with Beth. You can check that post and her website for more info if you haven't already. Between the end of work and my cooking class in Grand Haven, I went to look at a house in Zeeland. I am starting to put action into creating a future for myself. I don't have a definite feeling about this house I looked at but I do know that there are a lot of places I could be happy and many possibilities on the road ahead. When I start to envision things like this for myself, it is exciting to fantasize about how my new life might look. Then off to Grand Haven for a riot of a time at my cooking lesson. These are getting to be an obsession! I can hardly wait for the next one! This was a nice, full, stimulating day. I am grateful that I have access to so many quality things in my life. Went to bed happy!
Wednesday, April 18:Did work. Spent most of the morning praying for Tyler since he had his sentencing for the earlier DV charge. This had been dropped to a lesser charge and Judge Post ended up giving Tyler a minimal fine, a 90-day suspended sentence that hinges on him not violating his probation, which will be about a year long and the drug testing will continue every 2-3 weeks during that time. Tyler also has to attend anger management classes for 12 weeks and he has to go to AA three times a week for a year. I felt like justice had been served. Tyler now bears all the accountability for his actions. Everyone involved has done their best for him and now the ball is in his court. As his mom, I pray that he has learned his lesson and will hopefully use this experience as a catalyst for better things in his life. Either he will or he won't but it is now clearly his choice and his choice alone. Those of you inclined to do so, please remember Tyler in your prayers. He has a long road ahead. When I got off of work, Tyler and I went out for dinner at Brann's. I've been trying to have a little "date" with each of the boys at least once a week to keep the connection. At ages 19 and 22, time with Tyler and Trevor is at a premium. They have bigger fish to fry most days. At home, I received a call from Michelle Knight at the IPEC Coaching center in Chicago. This is one of the coaching programs I am looking into. Their program seems to be the most comprehensive and best suited to my needs but I want to look at everything since the one thing all these schools seem to have in common is that they are very expensive! I am trying to figure out how to get the money I need to get started-Oh, yes, that money thing again! How annoying...I have decided that I am not going to allow money to be an issue. This is something I really want to do and I will find a way to access this and move forward. After the call I got busy working on my blog. I have found myself being consumed by it! I spent several hours last night trying to figure out how to tweak my header, add a footer, add a live feed segment, add a slideshow, some audio clips and other interesting stuff to the blog. I wasn't successful with that so I decided to start in again. I wasn't about to be defeated by the blog! I went to the blogger help center. Not very helpful-I couldn't even understand the questions people were asking! That's how far over my head it was! I tried following some seemingly complicated directions on how to edit the html-what the heck?! I was lost as last year's Easter eggs. After several near fatal attempts at editing the html, I gave up and decided to add a YouTube widget. Easy enough. Just click. Ooops! I put in dog and cat funnies and ended up with some guy who wouldn't quit farting in bed! Well, I can't have that on my blog. So I fool around with it another couple hours trying to keep the YouTube spots I like and edit the others out. I'd think I had it-then NO! The fart guy would come back somehow. HOW?! Just when I got rid of him some awful kid with a potty mouth does a gig about runescape. What does runescape have to do with dog and cat funnies? I am so unhappy. I can't even tell you how many times I deleted the bleep-bleep thing only to find that it came back or something worse showed up in it's place. OK-I love the all the YouTube clips of the animals so just stick with those. DO NOT CLICK ON THE FARTING GUY! DO NOT CLICK ON THE RUNESCAPE KID! DO NOT CLICK ON ANYTHING THAT SAYS CHINESE DOG AND CAT MARKET! Just stick with the cute fuzzy ones and we'll all be happy...Meanwhile, I did manage to make a links list that works-oh, happiness. I did start my blog buddy list. That's fabulous. I was thrilled. Then the big one-I managed to get the pictures to load.Instantly it became apparent that I should be taking photography lessons instead of cooking lessons!I still am not able to manipulate those around the text the way I envisioned but I am thankful for even the most limited success, seeing as I have been at this since about 8pm. It was 3 am on Thursday morning before I finally called it quits. At this point, I am thinking that I now know why Elvis shot at TV's. I was feeling exactly the same way about my computer and my blog! By then, it was a full-blown case of BLOG RAGE! I fell asleep feeling conflicted about my blog...
Thursday, April 19 & Friday, April 20: These are my 12 and 10 hour days. Let me clue you, when I get home, I am pretty well whipped. Not much else gets done.Except for the fact that I couldn't let the blog thing go and I was mentally processing it all day-thinking of possible ways to do what I wanted to do creatively with my blog. At some point I considered looking for a 12-step program for bloggers. I need a higher power. It was then that I realized that I should seek professional help. Note to self: Call Aaron Schaap at ElevatorUp. What was I thinking? I Left Aaron a desperate message begging him to pimp my blog! Coming soon...BLOG BEAUTIFUL!
Saturday, April 21: Six hours of intense fellowship at Body Perfections. Got home just in time to do the First Impressions Team at church. I am still amazed every time I think about the fact that they actually put me in charge of something...these are brave souls! Again, I feel gratitude. My church family has been such a blessing and comfort ever since I came to VPM(Dec. 2000) but never more than during the past year. The message always strengthens and encourages me. Even when it's about stuff that is hard to deal with. This week, Pastor Steve shared about how our response to temptation correlates to our faith in God and not just our self-control. When you think about it that way, our choices take on a deeper meaning. Pastor Steve said this: When we don't trust God to meet a need, we stop obeying God's guidelines. When we stop obeying God's guidelines, we stop believing in God. Many of our needs are legitimate. The problem comes when we don't trust God to meet them His way and we substitute something other than what God has for us. Steve said to start your day with God. Talk to God every day. Trust God daily to meet your needs. I am so blessed to hear such great teaching every week.God knows I need every bit of it!!
I go now...have a great week!
Lana

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed