Monday, October 22, 2007

Lana's Graduation


The hassle for the tassle is over!

A proud and happy family moment!

October 6, 2007, at the Free Methodist Church on the campus of Spring Arbor University, I had the privilege of walking my graduation ceremony for the Bachelor of Arts degree in Family Life Education.

Lana walks the red carpet!
My two sons, Tyler and Trevor were there with me, as was my ex-husband Lewis and my dear cohort classmates Mark Dennis, Sybil Cathey, Joyce Moore, and Dianne Adams.
I am so glad I decided to attend the ceremony! It was a meaningful celebration of completion and an opportunity to reflect back on all that has been accomplished.
Very encouraging as I work towards my Masters of Arts in Counseling from which I will graduate in May 2010!! It is important in the heat of the battle-while you are fighting in the trenches to get ahead- to remember a time when you accomplished what you set out to do, reached the goal, got the prize! Makes it a bit easier to press onward...the mantra being: KEEP MOVING FORWARD~

After the ceremony and a few pictures together, Tyler, Trevor, Lew and I went out to a fancy dinner at the Radison Hotel in Lansing.It was fabulous!

We resumed the celebration again at a reunion at the Leaf and Bean the following Friday night. Good times, good food, good friends!

2 comments:

Polysyllabic Spree said...

Congratulations to you!

Lana Mae Kamer said...

And to you as well...I know that you didn't walk the graduation BUT you DID get your degree.Well done!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed