Saturday, September 8, 2007

Blogging Ban Lifted


Finally!
I have been living under a self-imposed blogging ban ever since school started. I made a promise to myself that I would not blog until I got my school work caught up. In this case, I have been working two jobs AND doing school, never mind the other "usual" stuff....maybe I should be amazed that it only took a month! Nevertheless, I'm back!
A lot has happened in one month. I did get accepted into the Master of Arts in Counseling program at Spring Arbor-YEAH ME! I am noticing already that it's a lot more of a challenge than my undergrad. Just so you can plan ahead and save the date, I graduate with my masters in May 2010! There will be a celebration!
Trev and Courtney just started back to GRCC again for their second year and yes, they are back together again-GOOD NEWS! Court has a new job at Huntington Bank that she loves.Trev is still at the Lost City as a manager.
Tyler is working for my friend Sybil at the Leaf and Bean. He is either going to attend GRCC or Spring Arbor this winter semester. He's still looking for full-time employment.
Jayden will turn 2 on September 18th. Time has really gone by fast.We are having a little family party for him next week. There will be pictures GUARANTEED!
I am managing to keep insanely busy. As I said, I am working two jobs and doing school full time, I go to my life group from church one night per week, a divorce recovery workshop called Hope for the Single Again at Central Wesleyan another night, classes at Spring Arbor yet another night and then I work the other two nights. On the weekends I usually work at least a little bit at either Body Perfections or at the shelter-unfortunately, sometimes both! I do try to make some time every week to do something with the boys and Jayden and at least one friend activity per week. Still involved with the First Impressions team at Church and I do try to get there pretty much every Sunday. I have also just started back to the family support group meetings through Tyler's school program. These meetings are very relevant to the work I'm preparing to do as a Family Life Educator and Counselor.
That about does it for catching up...I hope to never take another break for such a long period of time. I do love my blog!

4 comments:

MsRoonie said...

Since I cannot remember if I have an account here, I am testing to see if this comment gets published...

MsRoonie said...

Yea! It worked. Thanks for the great massage yesterday. I slept well, for a change. I hope you have a wonderful graduation ceremony today. Here is Katie's link to her Live Journal. http://katiepreston.livejournal.com/
You have inspired me to start writing in my LJ account. I never think I have anything to write about, I think because I internalize everything rather than let it come out in this venue. I need to change that. Love ya! Annie

Gracie said...

R u banned again? It's awfully quiet on the Compass Pointe front...Gorgeous picture btw.

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Not banned...just crazy busy! Homework is the priority these days!
You, of all people, know how that goes!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed