Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Family Part Deux : My Week in Review 05/06/07-05/12/07

Sunday, May 6: I took my wasband (WAS my husBAND) to the airport early this AM. We had a good visit and we (Trev, Courtney, Jayden and myself) will see him again in San Diego at the end of our Oregon trip for a couple days in Cali. Anywho, I am still processing boundaries and what will work for us as a now-divorced couple with kids and a grandchild. I think it has been wonderful for our family that Lewis and I have been able to salvage at least a cordial relationship. My original plan was to go home and clean like a mad dog but my sister, Marcee, assured me that was not necessary on her account, so I took her advice and followed Beth Dargis' coaching about taking one day per week as a day of rest. I get the sense that my 30-day simplify your life ecourse is going to take me 6 months or more to complete. There's so much there to integrate and I'm often not able to get the consistency factor going when it comes to changing habits. Also, my schedule is sometimes so hectic and out of balance that things like decluttering take longer because I don't have time available to work on it. Still, however slow I am, I continue moving forward and that's the main thing!
Monday, May 7:
Dentist appointment first thing this AM. I have at least progressed from the days when I would rip the bib off at the end of my exam and run for the hills until the next 6-month checkup.Out of necessity, I have become quite absorbed in a dental routine that includes recall every six months, using preventative measures in the AM and PM to ward off gum disease and also prevent de- mineralization. This is more than I want to do, personally, but I am so grateful that my dentists are on the cutting edge of prevention. I have an NTI appliance that fits over my two front teeth when I sleep which has been life-changing with regard to TMJ. If your dentist has mentioned none of these things/products, you might want to ask about it because I have a feeling I will be way ahead in my later years because of it. There, that's my plug for dentistry! I had another opportunity to be present and available to serve my clients at Body Perfections today. I went to the airport to pick up Marcee later in the day. We decided to stop and eat dinner before we got home. We went to Kobe Steakhouse. I've never been there before but I had heard good things. It's one of those places where you sit around the grill and watch your food being prepared by a chef who does all kinds of fancy chopping and juggling of food and utensils. Very entertaining and tasty. We got home and Marcee got settled in.
Tuesday, May 8: I worked my normal hours today and then went home and got Marcee. We went to Grand Haven for our cooking class. See the prior post. It was awesome. As always, we left full and happy. Both of us felt like we learned a lot.
Wednesday, May 9: W
ork 9-4:30. Then we goofed around a bit at Baker book house and went to Weight Watchers. This is the first week since Easter that I had a little gain but I have had company for a couple weeks and with that you eat more because you're celebrating. The great thing about Weight Watchers is that you factor that in to your life. None of us can just stop living while we tackle our weight issues. We have to make lifestyle changes that enable us to have social lives as we are engaged in the process. I got some good advice recently. Someone told me that whenever you have an episode of overeating, the best thing to do is, the very next meal, just act as if it had never happened and go from there. The temptation is to think, "Oh, well, I already blew it today. I might as well just keep on going..." Then it's however long it takes for us to shift thinking before we can get ourselves righted again. I do know that if it came off once, it can come off again. I don't always get to share meals with Lewis or Marcee or my kids even, so when I have the opportunity, I should take it. There is also a little helpful concept called moderation that I need to fine tune. What can I say, I'm a work-in-process.
Thursday, May 10: This is my 12-hour day. I ha
d a full schedule, for which I am thankful. Today, Marcee hung out with Tyler. That was really nice that they could have time to talk and bond. With family so far away in Oregon, opportunities like that are rare.
Friday, May 11: I took today off to spend some time with Marcee at Body Perfections pampering ourselves. We first had massages with Cathy, who has shared in the building of the business there with me for the past 9 years and has been such a huge blessing to me in my life. The massages were wonderful! I really needed it and it set the tone for a very relaxing day. After our massages, we went to DeBoer's for lunch. As always, the food was to die for! This is one of my favorite places to eat-especially for lunch. It was very thoughtful of them to locate right by my work so I can just walk over there any old time...I really have to watch it though, I'm a sucker for all the pastries! How many points in those?! After lunch, we had pedicures, manicures and facials with make-up all done by my girls, Tiffany and Brooke. While we were getting our facials, Tiffany about did a backflip on a wobbly chair that probably should not be in use any longer and we about died laughing since this is supposed to be a quiet, serene environment...RIGHT! Then Marcee zonked out and gave us a little sleepy-time sound effects that Brooke thought was faked since we had just been talking about snoring( actually, I snore like a freight train, too!). So, I lifted up my facial towels to see if Brooke was laughing or not and she was in absolute tears! Then, of course, I lost it and we all laughed. About then, Marcee woke herself up snoring. So then she joined the party! After the facial came the make-up. I left there feeling like the sexiest woman on the planet...
We wen
t from there directly to Crazy Horse for dinner with Courtney and Trevor. Marcee and I had the salmon(my favorite entree there) and Trev had the prime rib. Court had a steak. All fabulous! We proceeded home from there and feeling very emboldened by our beautification regime, Marcee and I downloaded new photos to my e-harmony profile. We tweaked all the information to fit my new saucy attitude and closed all the matches we thought were a waste of time. That would be just about all of them! That leaves two guys! So, we sent the first five questions to them both and I'm waiting to see what happens. I know, I know, I said I was cancelling it but we decided to give it another month. What the hey! We went to Allendale to pick up Jayden and then played with him around the house until he (and we) were exhausted. Full day.
Saturday, May 12: We were planning to take Jayden to Veldheer's for pictures with the tulips and maybe hit Dutch Village and Windmill Island, but when we saw the mass chaos at the tulip farm, we had second thoughts and decided to go Grand Rapids way, stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then proceed to one of my favorite spots, Meijer Gardens-yes, again!Jayden was just so enchanted by each area of the children's garden! Then, somehow, while we were walking from the Great Lakes exhibit with the little boats, he managed to do a perfect somersault right off the side of the wooden walkway and landed directly in a pile of mud on his back. Marcee and I just stared at him for a moment-we were in shock- and he just stared back-no crying, not a peep out of that kid! After my delayed reaction, I reached down and grabbed him out of the mud and we proceeded directly to the sand pile. Since we were already just filthy, why not go for broke? So, I kicked off my sandals and went right into the dirt with him. It's funny but there's nothing quite as entertaining as digging around in sand and letting it get between your toes. Sqaaawishy...We eventually worked our way back to the fountain area so we could remove our mudpacks. It was time to head for church so we left. It was my night to be in the nursery. Marcee just went ahead into the regular service. When we got there, we decided to change Jayden's diaper before the other kids arrived and low and behold there was about a pound of sand in the didee! Sand in every crack and crevice! That's one area where exfoliation is not desirable! So, we did an emergency desanding in the sink and made a mental note that if we ever went in the sandbox again we would take containment measures first! The service was about commitment-new members making profession of faith. On Sunday there would be baptism also. We only caught little snippets of the service on the monitor in the nursery but the video testimonies were very heartwarming. I also felt so proud of the wonderful church I go to. We always have a lot of new members at commitment service because this is an incredible place to fellowship. Where there is life, there is growth! Marcee said that she was very moved by the service and enjoyed it a lot! We went to Russ' afterwards for comfort food and then home to play with Jayden until he fell asleep. End of week in review...a very full week!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed