Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whitecaps Fun



The Victory Point bunch took in the Whitecaps game today at 5/3rd Ballpark in Grand Rapids. My pictures didn't turn out too great this time so I'm afraid this adorable photo of me and my "date" Kim DeGlopper is the only one I find suitable to post. The Whitecaps basically annihilated the Cedar Rapids Kernels~they were pretty corny! The Caps won 10-4. Adam Wilk played his first game in the Midwest League giving up only 2hits, shutout for 6 innings, and managed to get 7 strikeouts. Not bad! It was a great night at bat for the Caps. Ben Guez had 5 hits, and out of the nine starters, eight of them had hits as well. The game unravelled a bit in the ninth inning when the Kernels came alive to get 4 runs in before being put to bed once and for all by the Whitecaps. Love that Dizzy Bat Race, the Cow Tipping, and the Eyeball Race! Great atmosphere~perfect weather~lots of fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lana i love your photo, and i love the way you captioned it. it made me laugh-- and i am not even a sports lover, ha ha ha!

Julie said...

Lana... just out here catching up - and saw this photo! I think it's great to post the best & the worst sometimes! :)

The other thing I noticed about the photo is that my sis-in-law sat behind you (and is -just- in the shot as well)! Love it!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed