Monday, October 27, 2008

A Pound of Cure: I AM the biggest loser!


Here's one of those issues that has fallen into the know-do gap in the past but no more! One of my pre-fifty, life-changing projects is to tackle the excess pounds I've been dragging around. More and more data indicates that obesity plays a crucial role in the development of heart disease, diabetes, certain types of cancer, hypertension, and even Alzheimer's. One of my girlfriends pointed out that you know you're getting old when you're more motivated to lose weight because of Alzheimer's than just to look good!Sooo, I'm back at weight loss church(Weight Watchers) because that has always been the safest, most sensible program I have ever been involved with. A few years back I lost about 30 pounds on the program. The kinds of changes you make are just healthy lifestyle habits that everyone should be following regardless if they are overweight or not. Changes such as eating more reasonably sized portions and eating at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies each day. Who wouldn't benefit from drinking 6 or more glasses of water per day? Exercise is beneficial for all of us. There isn't anything on this program that most people wouldn't benefit from so why not go for it! I have had several gals in my circle who have recently lost big numbers of pounds on WW so I am inspired by their success. If they can do it, so can I. With my 50th birthday just 7 months away, I've got my work cut out for me. I'm going to have all of you help me be accountable by posting my weight-loss journey on this blog. Feel free to post comments and the occasional word of encouragement would also be appreciated~or maybe you'd like to join me?! I'm not going to post my actual weight but I will tell you that my goal is to lose 78 pounds. I joined last week, 10/20. My first week on the program I lost 6.6 lbs-not too shabby! So now, I have 71.4 pounds to goal. I'm a 5 lb sack of potatoes and 1 lb brick of butter lighter than I was at this time last week! Once a month I'll tell you where I'm at with inches lost. Of course, there will be photos...Time to live it, not diet, cuz' diets don't work but Weight Watchers does! I CAN do this!

2 comments:

Mona Sabalones Gonzalez said...

Lana, I am truly impressed and will very much enjoy sharing this journey you are taking. having lost 5 plus pounds at your first go is amazing -- that's the most i've lost in a lifetime, ha ha ha! I'll be praying for you, I know you can do it! ATAPWG ergo, all things are possible with God:) hugs:):):)

btw, this is euthymic, posting from my other blog:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information Lana. Weight loss plans and programs are being followed by many around the world to have their weight lost. But we should follow a best program to go. So wake up friends I found a good Weight Loss program online. So let’s go for it.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed